Rs 16.21 lakh looted from two banks in Bihar
Patna: Gunmen looted Rs 16.21 lakh from two banks during the past 24 hours in Bihar, police said on Sunday.
Dacoits looted Rs 6.58 lakh after breaking open the doors of a rural bank under Reega police station area of Bihar`s Sitamarhi district early on Sunday.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (Sadar), Alok Kumar said the dacoits looted the money from a rural branch of the Bihar Vaishali Bank.
In another incident, armed desperaodes raided the Bank Of India branch at Kanti village in Muzaffarpur district and decamped with Rs 9.63 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report