Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia to Bihar train mishap victims
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
on Sunday announced Rs two lakh as ex-gratia assistance to next of
kin of each of those killed in the train accident near Bharia-
Bishanpur village in Madhubani district of Bihar.
Prime Minister has expressed sorrow at the loss of lives
in the accident that took place after a jeep was hit by Garib
Rath Express at an unmanned railway crossing, an official
Singh announced an ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh each to the next
of the kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 each to grievously
The Railway portfolio is being held at the Cabinet level
by the Prime Minister after Mamata Banerjee quit on becoming
West Bengal Chief Minister.
At least 20 persons, including 19 women, were killed and
four others injured in the mishap, the police said.
The victims were on their way to participate in the
victory procession of their relative Veena Devi, wife of
Anirudh Yadav, who was elected as mukhiya.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui