Rs 20 lakh ransom demanded for Bihar student
Patna: A Rs 20 lakh ransom has been demanded for the release of a school student kidnapped from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, his family members said on Monday, even as the police remain clueless more than three weeks after the abduction.
Abhisek Kumar alias Kittu, studies in class 12 of a school in Muzaffarpur, some 70 km from here. He was kidnapped Oct 24 from near his house.
"We have received a ransom call thrice in the last ten days," a family member told a news agency.
Police had earlier refused to register a case but now say that search operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'