Rs 20 lakh ransom demanded for Bihar student
Patna: A Rs 20 lakh ransom has been demanded for the release of a school student kidnapped from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, his family members said on Monday, even as the police remain clueless more than three weeks after the abduction.
Abhisek Kumar alias Kittu, studies in class 12 of a school in Muzaffarpur, some 70 km from here. He was kidnapped Oct 24 from near his house.
"We have received a ransom call thrice in the last ten days," a family member told a news agency.
Police had earlier refused to register a case but now say that search operations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family