Rs 5.63 lakh looted from SBI in Jehanabad
Jehanabad: Armed men on Friday looted Rs 5.63
lakh from the State Bank of India (SBI) at Hajipur village in
Bihar`s Jehanabad district, a police officer said.
Four persons stormed into the bank premises and
overpowered the security guard, cashier and accountant at gun
point and locked them along with some customers in the branch
manager`s cabin before looting cash, Sub-Divisional Police
Officer (SDPO) Nagendrapati Tripathi said.
They also assaulted the security guard, cashier,
accountant and a few customers, he said.
The criminals then tried to break the safe of the bank
to take out more cash but failed in their bid, Tripathi said.
They also broke the CCTV and alarm and took with them
these equipment before escaping in two motorcycles, the
A case has been registered in this connection and
raids were being carried out to nab those involved in the bank
heist, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Amit Shah inaugurates BJP state core group workshop
- Ind-Ra upticks GDP forecast to 7.8%; growth on but not speedy
- Statue of Chandra Shekhar Azad vandalised in Haryana
- Fed up with heavy school bags, two students hold press meet to narrate woes - READ
- Have you seen Meher Malik's hot belly dance moves on 'Beat Pe Booty'? Watch now!