Rs 5.63 lakh looted from SBI in Jehanabad
Jehanabad: Armed men on Friday looted Rs 5.63
lakh from the State Bank of India (SBI) at Hajipur village in
Bihar`s Jehanabad district, a police officer said.
Four persons stormed into the bank premises and
overpowered the security guard, cashier and accountant at gun
point and locked them along with some customers in the branch
manager`s cabin before looting cash, Sub-Divisional Police
Officer (SDPO) Nagendrapati Tripathi said.
They also assaulted the security guard, cashier,
accountant and a few customers, he said.
The criminals then tried to break the safe of the bank
to take out more cash but failed in their bid, Tripathi said.
They also broke the CCTV and alarm and took with them
these equipment before escaping in two motorcycles, the
A case has been registered in this connection and
raids were being carried out to nab those involved in the bank
heist, the SDPO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016