Rs 6 lakh seized from DWO`s house
Gaya (Bihar): A total of Rs 5.86 lakh was seized Sunday from the residence of District Welfare Officer (DEO) at Bellari Tola here, official sources said.
Acting on the instruction of District Magistrate Vandana Preyasi, a team of officials raided Gyan Krishna Puriar`s residence and seized the cash, sources said.
Preyasi had received complaint that Puriar had amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income and ordered a raid at the latter`s residence, they said.
Meanwhile, Puriar has denied involvement in corruption and said that the cash seized from his house rightly belonged to him and he could show proof for the same.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India