Rs 6 lakh seized from DWO`s house
Gaya (Bihar): A total of Rs 5.86 lakh was seized Sunday from the residence of District Welfare Officer (DEO) at Bellari Tola here, official sources said.
Acting on the instruction of District Magistrate Vandana Preyasi, a team of officials raided Gyan Krishna Puriar`s residence and seized the cash, sources said.
Preyasi had received complaint that Puriar had amassed wealth disproportionate to his known sources of income and ordered a raid at the latter`s residence, they said.
Meanwhile, Puriar has denied involvement in corruption and said that the cash seized from his house rightly belonged to him and he could show proof for the same.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre