Rs 6 lakhs found from Bihar Cong leader’s room
Begusarai: Congress secretary Sagar Rayka and the party`s Bihar youth wing president Lalan Kumar were arrested here on Thursday after police found Rs 6.44 lakh in their possession which was be allegedly used to lure people to join an election rally.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided a hotel in Barauni in the district and took Rayka, who is also in-charge of Bihar affairs, Kumar and six others into custody for allegedly keeping cash to lure people to join an election rally, Circle Officer Ramesh Prasad said.
They were brought to Barauni police station and were later released on personal bonds, he said.
Congress leaders have been criss-crossing Bihar to campaign for their party in the Assembly polls. Congress president Sonia Gandhi is scheduled to address an election rally here later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video