Rs 877 crore for uplift of SC in Bihar: Sushil Kumar
Patna: Bihar government will spend Rs 877 crore for the welfare of state`s Schedule Caste people this fiscal, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday.
"A provision of Rs 877 crore has been made in the budget for 2013-14 for taking various steps for alleviation of the socio-economic condition of the SC people who comprised 16 per cent of Bihar`s population," Modi said at a function to mark the 122th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar.
It had also been decided that all departments would spend 16 per cent of their budgetary allocation for the welfare of the SC people, Modi said.
The state government was also giving monthly stipend of Rs 561 to promote education among SC students up to Class X and Rs 1,000 a month to those pursuing technical education, he said.
A sum of Rs 75 crore had been alloted for grant of scholarship to SC students up to Class X, the Deputy CM said.
The state government was also concerned with incidents of atrocities against the dalits and had decided to set up SC/ST police stations in all 38 districts, he said.
Besides, it had been decided to provide Rs 3000 as pension or job in the state government to the kin of a dalit killed by others or in accident, Modi said, adding, the incentive was in addition to Rs five lakh compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj