Rs 877 crore for uplift of SC in Bihar: Sushil Kumar
Patna: Bihar government will spend Rs 877 crore for the welfare of state`s Schedule Caste people this fiscal, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday.
"A provision of Rs 877 crore has been made in the budget for 2013-14 for taking various steps for alleviation of the socio-economic condition of the SC people who comprised 16 per cent of Bihar`s population," Modi said at a function to mark the 122th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar.
It had also been decided that all departments would spend 16 per cent of their budgetary allocation for the welfare of the SC people, Modi said.
The state government was also giving monthly stipend of Rs 561 to promote education among SC students up to Class X and Rs 1,000 a month to those pursuing technical education, he said.
A sum of Rs 75 crore had been alloted for grant of scholarship to SC students up to Class X, the Deputy CM said.
The state government was also concerned with incidents of atrocities against the dalits and had decided to set up SC/ST police stations in all 38 districts, he said.
Besides, it had been decided to provide Rs 3000 as pension or job in the state government to the kin of a dalit killed by others or in accident, Modi said, adding, the incentive was in addition to Rs five lakh compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day