Rs 877 crore for uplift of SC in Bihar: Sushil Kumar
Patna: Bihar government will spend Rs 877 crore for the welfare of state`s Schedule Caste people this fiscal, Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi said on Sunday.
"A provision of Rs 877 crore has been made in the budget for 2013-14 for taking various steps for alleviation of the socio-economic condition of the SC people who comprised 16 per cent of Bihar`s population," Modi said at a function to mark the 122th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar.
It had also been decided that all departments would spend 16 per cent of their budgetary allocation for the welfare of the SC people, Modi said.
The state government was also giving monthly stipend of Rs 561 to promote education among SC students up to Class X and Rs 1,000 a month to those pursuing technical education, he said.
A sum of Rs 75 crore had been alloted for grant of scholarship to SC students up to Class X, the Deputy CM said.
The state government was also concerned with incidents of atrocities against the dalits and had decided to set up SC/ST police stations in all 38 districts, he said.
Besides, it had been decided to provide Rs 3000 as pension or job in the state government to the kin of a dalit killed by others or in accident, Modi said, adding, the incentive was in addition to Rs five lakh compensation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says