Rs five lakh looted from bank in Bihar
Lakhisarai: Armed criminals looted Rupees five lakh from the branch of Punjab National Bank in Gopalpur village in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district on Tuesday, police said.
Sub-divisional police officer Subodh Biswas said nearly half a dozen armed criminals barged into the bank and looted Rs five lakh from the chest at gun point.
They decamped after overpowering the bank staff.
Raids are being conducted to nab the criminals and recover the money, Biswas added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar