Rule of law prevails in Bihar says Nitish Kumar
Patna: Dismissing the opposition`s claim that there was a spate in crime, particularly against women in the past one year, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Tuesday said that the rule of law prevailed in the state under his stewardship.
"The rule of law prevails in Bihar and the trust of the people in law and order and the state government has increased," Kumar said replying to the debate on the Governor`s Address to the joint sitting of the legislature.
"You need not worry about law and order in Bihar as the Home Department has been in my charge since 2005 when the erstwhile NDA government was formed in the state," Kumar said.
He said that his government had put in place a sound institution so that people were encouraged to file FIRs
Citing an example, he said that a number of cases in Katihar district were brought to a logical conclusion within a week with the culprits being sentenced to life.
Quoting figures on the police website, he claimed that robbery, bank robbery and kidnapping declined substantially.
He said a sophisticated Forensic Science Laboratory had been set up in Patna as also 40 police stations for women and SC/ST.
Kumar said that 2.13 lakh criminals were arrested and ill-gotten wealth of four public servants seized out of 51 such cases and steps taken to speed up seizure of black money.
The Bihar police had written to the Directorate of Enforcement for seizure of such assets of 39 persons.
He referred to the kidnapping of an industrialist`s son Sohael Hingora from Daman late last year who was later released after payment of Rs nine crore in ransom.
He dared the Leader of Opposition Nand Kishore Yadav`s to prove the ransom about was paid at the residence a senior JD(U) leader.
The chief minister quoted from an official report by IG(CID) to deny that any ruling party leader was involved in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks