Rule of law restored in Bihar: Nitish
Sakurabad: Bihar Chief Minister,
Nitish Kumar on Thursday said his government had restored rule of
law in the state and delivered justice to every section of the
"We fulfilled the promise of establishing rule of law,
and delivered justice to women and other sections of the
society," Kumar told an election rally here.
"Earlier people were afraid of going out of their houses
and used to return before sunset, now the fear in their
minds have become a thing of the past and you can see people
even venturing out in the night for work and the scene has
much changed in the cities like Patna, Gaya, Muzaffarpur and
other places," he said.
Castigating his political opponents for making attempts
to create sense of insecurity among the minorities, he said
there was not report of single communal dispute during the
past five years and thus, it was needless to talk about
communal tension and riots.
Desribing the RJD government as a "Pati-Patni" government
which had "ruined" the state for 15 years, Kumar said "you
have voted for a change and we have lived upto your
"You gave 15 years to the Pati-Patni to rule, I have
come for renewal of our contract just for next five years
to complete the unfinished task for bring the state to the
category of developed states by 2015," he said.
Stating that sincere efforts had been made in the
direction of electrifying all rural huts, he said the
expansion plan of the Barauni and Kanti Thermal Power plants
was in progress, while another mega plant was to come at
Navinagar in collaboration with the NTPC.
"Once these projects will start generation things will
change drastically," he said, and criticised the Centre for
allegedly blocking its several proposals for setting up more
power plants by not providing coal linkages.
He said in the event of NDA coming back to power, it
would strive for providing foodgrains at subsidised rates to
all BPL households.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- When MP CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan got 'lift' from cops during visit to flood-hit areas; image goes viral - Pic inside
- Monsoon session of UP assembly from today; GST Bill likely to be ratified
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sachin Tendulkar all set to gift a swanky BMW to PV Sindhu for scripting history
- Four-day Delhi Assembly session to ratify GST Bill starts today
- Here's what kept Abhay Deol away from silver screen for two years!