Rule of law restored in Bihar: Nitish
Sakurabad: Bihar Chief Minister,
Nitish Kumar on Thursday said his government had restored rule of
law in the state and delivered justice to every section of the
"We fulfilled the promise of establishing rule of law,
and delivered justice to women and other sections of the
society," Kumar told an election rally here.
"Earlier people were afraid of going out of their houses
and used to return before sunset, now the fear in their
minds have become a thing of the past and you can see people
even venturing out in the night for work and the scene has
much changed in the cities like Patna, Gaya, Muzaffarpur and
other places," he said.
Castigating his political opponents for making attempts
to create sense of insecurity among the minorities, he said
there was not report of single communal dispute during the
past five years and thus, it was needless to talk about
communal tension and riots.
Desribing the RJD government as a "Pati-Patni" government
which had "ruined" the state for 15 years, Kumar said "you
have voted for a change and we have lived upto your
"You gave 15 years to the Pati-Patni to rule, I have
come for renewal of our contract just for next five years
to complete the unfinished task for bring the state to the
category of developed states by 2015," he said.
Stating that sincere efforts had been made in the
direction of electrifying all rural huts, he said the
expansion plan of the Barauni and Kanti Thermal Power plants
was in progress, while another mega plant was to come at
Navinagar in collaboration with the NTPC.
"Once these projects will start generation things will
change drastically," he said, and criticised the Centre for
allegedly blocking its several proposals for setting up more
power plants by not providing coal linkages.
He said in the event of NDA coming back to power, it
would strive for providing foodgrains at subsidised rates to
all BPL households.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic