Ruling JD(U) MLA demonstrate before CM`s house
Patna: Ruling JD(U) MLA from Khagaria today
staged a sit-in for a brief period at official bungalow of
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to protest the attachment of her
property by police.
The MLA, Poonam Yadav, with her supporters staged the
sit-in but Kumar soon invited her for talks and assured her of
doing the needful, official sources said.
Her husband Ranbir Yadav was evading arrest in several
criminal cases and the attachment of his property was ordered
by a Khagaria court recently, sources said.
Terming as +humiliating+ the act of police carrying out
attachment of property, Yadav claimed that she had separated
her property from her husband`s and "the atatchment of her
property is illegal" and wanted CM`s intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor