Ruling JD(U) MLA demonstrate before CM`s house
Patna: Ruling JD(U) MLA from Khagaria today
staged a sit-in for a brief period at official bungalow of
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to protest the attachment of her
property by police.
The MLA, Poonam Yadav, with her supporters staged the
sit-in but Kumar soon invited her for talks and assured her of
doing the needful, official sources said.
Her husband Ranbir Yadav was evading arrest in several
criminal cases and the attachment of his property was ordered
by a Khagaria court recently, sources said.
Terming as +humiliating+ the act of police carrying out
attachment of property, Yadav claimed that she had separated
her property from her husband`s and "the atatchment of her
property is illegal" and wanted CM`s intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- JNU shouts anti-nationalist slogans; nation questions intent
- Ishrat Jahan was LeT terrorist, reveals David Headley
- Afzal Guru row: Why no action against supporters at JNU?
- Siachen braveheart Lance Naik Hanumanthappa passes away
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches three new services for train passengers
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'