Ruling JD(U) MLA demonstrate before CM`s house
Patna: Ruling JD(U) MLA from Khagaria today
staged a sit-in for a brief period at official bungalow of
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to protest the attachment of her
property by police.
The MLA, Poonam Yadav, with her supporters staged the
sit-in but Kumar soon invited her for talks and assured her of
doing the needful, official sources said.
Her husband Ranbir Yadav was evading arrest in several
criminal cases and the attachment of his property was ordered
by a Khagaria court recently, sources said.
Terming as +humiliating+ the act of police carrying out
attachment of property, Yadav claimed that she had separated
her property from her husband`s and "the atatchment of her
property is illegal" and wanted CM`s intervention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP