Ruling JD(U) to signature campaign for spl state status
Patna: Bihar council of ruling JD(U) on Thursday
resolved to launch a signature campaign for exerting pressure
on the Centre for according special state category status to
Bihar for ensuring its all-round growth.
A resolution adopted at the meeting of the state council,
attended by the Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar and state party
chief, Vijay Kumar Choudhary, said the party would soon launch
the campaign to obtain signatures from of crore Biharis to
submit them to President Pratibha Patil in favour of the
The party resolved to wage a struggle against the Centre
for alleged gross unjustice being meted out to the state in
providing central assistance and clearance of projects for
manufacturing ethanol out of sugarcane juice, hindering the
progress of the state to a great extent.
According to a press statement, the state council
criticised the Centre for allegedly not giving coal
linkages for setting up thermal power plants in Bihar.
The meeting reposed firm faith in the leadership of
Nitish Kumar and endorsed the steps taken by him towards
development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her