Rupam Pathak granted bail by Patna HC
Patna: The Patna high court today granted bail to school teacher Rupam Pathak in connection with the murder of former BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari two years ago.
A division bench of Justice B N Sinha and Justice Shivaji Pandey granted the bail to Pathak, who is serving life sentence in Beur jail in Patna.
The court granted the bail after taking note of arguments by Pathak`s counsel while challenging her conviction in which he had expressed doubts over authenticity of the knife being the same that was used for the murder and the two-day delay by the police in filing the FIR in the case.
Designated CBI court judge B N Singh had awarded the lifer to Pathak on April 10 last year after finding her guilty under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of IPC.
Keshari was stabbed to death by Pathak at his residence in Purnia district on January 4, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren