Rupam Pathak granted bail by Patna HC
Patna: The Patna high court today granted bail to school teacher Rupam Pathak in connection with the murder of former BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari two years ago.
A division bench of Justice B N Sinha and Justice Shivaji Pandey granted the bail to Pathak, who is serving life sentence in Beur jail in Patna.
The court granted the bail after taking note of arguments by Pathak`s counsel while challenging her conviction in which he had expressed doubts over authenticity of the knife being the same that was used for the murder and the two-day delay by the police in filing the FIR in the case.
Designated CBI court judge B N Singh had awarded the lifer to Pathak on April 10 last year after finding her guilty under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of IPC.
Keshari was stabbed to death by Pathak at his residence in Purnia district on January 4, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal