Rupam Pathak granted bail by Patna HC
Patna: The Patna high court today granted bail to school teacher Rupam Pathak in connection with the murder of former BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari two years ago.
A division bench of Justice B N Sinha and Justice Shivaji Pandey granted the bail to Pathak, who is serving life sentence in Beur jail in Patna.
The court granted the bail after taking note of arguments by Pathak`s counsel while challenging her conviction in which he had expressed doubts over authenticity of the knife being the same that was used for the murder and the two-day delay by the police in filing the FIR in the case.
Designated CBI court judge B N Singh had awarded the lifer to Pathak on April 10 last year after finding her guilty under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of IPC.
Keshari was stabbed to death by Pathak at his residence in Purnia district on January 4, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi