Rupam Pathak granted bail by Patna HC
Patna: The Patna high court today granted bail to school teacher Rupam Pathak in connection with the murder of former BJP MLA Raj Kishore Keshari two years ago.
A division bench of Justice B N Sinha and Justice Shivaji Pandey granted the bail to Pathak, who is serving life sentence in Beur jail in Patna.
The court granted the bail after taking note of arguments by Pathak`s counsel while challenging her conviction in which he had expressed doubts over authenticity of the knife being the same that was used for the murder and the two-day delay by the police in filing the FIR in the case.
Designated CBI court judge B N Singh had awarded the lifer to Pathak on April 10 last year after finding her guilty under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of IPC.
Keshari was stabbed to death by Pathak at his residence in Purnia district on January 4, 2011.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview