Rupam Pathak`s bail rejected
Patna: Patna High Court on Friday rejected the bail application of Rupam Pathak, the prime accused in the murder of BJP MLA Rajkishore Keshari, and directed the CBI court to complete the trial in the case within six months.
Justice Hemant Kumar Srivastava rejected the bail plea saying he was not inclined to consider the application after going through the FIR and other documents in the murder case.
The judge, however, said he would consider the bail plea if the CBI court failed to complete the trial within six months.
The BJP MLA was stabbed to death at his ancestral residence in Purnia on January 4 allegedly by Pathak, who was arrested soon after the incident.
The state government had recommended a CBI probe into the murder following a hue and cry raised by the Opposition.
Pathak is presently lodged in Beur jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation