Sabir Ali expelled from JD(U) for praising Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Janata Dal (United) on Monday expelled its senior party leader Sabir Ali for praising Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
JD(U)`s Delhi unit chief was expelled from the party after he said, “Modi`s policies (in Gujarat) are good and Modi`s work for development is also laudable.”
JD(U) had given an election ticket to Ali from Sheohar region.
Ali is reportedly in touch with the BJP and may join it. He has been upset after the JD-U declined to nominate him to the Rajya Sabha.
Another ex-JD(U) MP NK Singh joined the BJP on Saturday after falling out with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
In his letter to Kumar, he expressed disappointment over the current situation in Bihar, saying ever since JD(U) broke ties with BJP last year the issue of development has taken a back seat.
He said he had told the Chief Minister that his government was now more focussed on political survival rather than development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued