Sabir Ali expelled from JD(U) for praising Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Janata Dal (United) on Monday expelled its senior party leader Sabir Ali for praising Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
JD(U)`s Delhi unit chief was expelled from the party after he said, “Modi`s policies (in Gujarat) are good and Modi`s work for development is also laudable.”
JD(U) had given an election ticket to Ali from Sheohar region.
Ali is reportedly in touch with the BJP and may join it. He has been upset after the JD-U declined to nominate him to the Rajya Sabha.
Another ex-JD(U) MP NK Singh joined the BJP on Saturday after falling out with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
In his letter to Kumar, he expressed disappointment over the current situation in Bihar, saying ever since JD(U) broke ties with BJP last year the issue of development has taken a back seat.
He said he had told the Chief Minister that his government was now more focussed on political survival rather than development of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal