Sachin Pilot slams Bihar govt for misusing central funds
Patna: Union Minister of State for
Communications and Technology Sachin Pilot today charged the
NDA government in Bihar with gross misuse and loot of central
funds worth Rs 11,412 crore under MNREGA and other flagship
programmes for the poor people.
As much of as Rs 11,412 of the over Rs 95,000 crore
allocated to the state by the Centre for implementation of
central flagship programmes, including MNREGA, have been
misused and looted by the state government to deprive
the poor people of their dues, he told reporters here.
A day after the Patna High Court had ordered a CBI
probe into misappropriation and illegal withdrawal of Rs
11,412 crore from state treasury by the state governments
since 2002, Pilot demanded a speedy investigation by the
central agency to bring the culprits to book.
"The NDA government will not succeed in either
influencing or creating obstacles in the way of the CBI
investigation into the alleged misappropriation of the central
funds", the Union Minister said.
Pilot, who arrived here on a two-day visit to boost
the electoral prospects of the Congress in the forthcoming
assembly polls, also castigated the NDA government,
particularly Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, for misusing
public money for publicity of its `exaggerated` performance.
With the assembly polls round the corner, the state
government has been wasting public money on advertisement and
publicity to carry out a `false propaganda` about its
achievements and building an image for the Chief Minister and
claimed that it will not bring a desired result in favour of
the NDA at the hustings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?