Sachin Pilot slams Bihar govt for misusing central funds
Patna: Union Minister of State for
Communications and Technology Sachin Pilot today charged the
NDA government in Bihar with gross misuse and loot of central
funds worth Rs 11,412 crore under MNREGA and other flagship
programmes for the poor people.
As much of as Rs 11,412 of the over Rs 95,000 crore
allocated to the state by the Centre for implementation of
central flagship programmes, including MNREGA, have been
misused and looted by the state government to deprive
the poor people of their dues, he told reporters here.
A day after the Patna High Court had ordered a CBI
probe into misappropriation and illegal withdrawal of Rs
11,412 crore from state treasury by the state governments
since 2002, Pilot demanded a speedy investigation by the
central agency to bring the culprits to book.
"The NDA government will not succeed in either
influencing or creating obstacles in the way of the CBI
investigation into the alleged misappropriation of the central
funds", the Union Minister said.
Pilot, who arrived here on a two-day visit to boost
the electoral prospects of the Congress in the forthcoming
assembly polls, also castigated the NDA government,
particularly Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, for misusing
public money for publicity of its `exaggerated` performance.
With the assembly polls round the corner, the state
government has been wasting public money on advertisement and
publicity to carry out a `false propaganda` about its
achievements and building an image for the Chief Minister and
claimed that it will not bring a desired result in favour of
the NDA at the hustings.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference