Salkhan Murmu on indefinite hunger strike
Ranchi: Jharkhand Dishom party head Salkhan Murmu is on an indefinite fast from October 2 near Raj Bhavan in support of a charter of demands including protection of tribal land and restricting "outsiders" settling in the state.
"My supporters and I are on indefinite hunger strike to demand protection of land in Ranchi districts Nagari village under Chota Nagpur Tenancy Act, restriction on outstation population by bringing in an act and prevention of displacement and migration, besides other demands," the former MP said here thursday.
Murmu, who was one of the tribal leaders who had led the pro-domicile agitation in 2002, has been demanding to shift the proposed setting up of educational infrastructure from Nagri to any other barren land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert