Salkhan Murmu on indefinite hunger strike
Ranchi: Jharkhand Dishom party head Salkhan Murmu is on an indefinite fast from October 2 near Raj Bhavan in support of a charter of demands including protection of tribal land and restricting "outsiders" settling in the state.
"My supporters and I are on indefinite hunger strike to demand protection of land in Ranchi districts Nagari village under Chota Nagpur Tenancy Act, restriction on outstation population by bringing in an act and prevention of displacement and migration, besides other demands," the former MP said here thursday.
Murmu, who was one of the tribal leaders who had led the pro-domicile agitation in 2002, has been demanding to shift the proposed setting up of educational infrastructure from Nagri to any other barren land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!