Salkhan Murmu on indefinite hunger strike
Ranchi: Jharkhand Dishom party head Salkhan Murmu is on an indefinite fast from October 2 near Raj Bhavan in support of a charter of demands including protection of tribal land and restricting "outsiders" settling in the state.
"My supporters and I are on indefinite hunger strike to demand protection of land in Ranchi districts Nagari village under Chota Nagpur Tenancy Act, restriction on outstation population by bringing in an act and prevention of displacement and migration, besides other demands," the former MP said here thursday.
Murmu, who was one of the tribal leaders who had led the pro-domicile agitation in 2002, has been demanding to shift the proposed setting up of educational infrastructure from Nagri to any other barren land.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president
- GST deadlock: Arun Jaitley to meet state finance ministers today
- Olympic Village repairs could take all week: Brazil
- Wayne Rooney still key to England plans, says Sam Allardyce
- Maharashtra ATS identifies 270 URLs showing IS activities, asks Centre to block them