Sarabjit Singh`s death unfortunate: Nitish Kumar
Kushinagar (UP): Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar on Thursday termed the death of Sarabjit Singh in Pakistan as "unfortunate" and said that he was not brought to India for treatment because of certain circumstances.
Kumar was here to pay tributes at the "mahaparinirvan" temple of Bhagwan Budha this morning.
Arriving as per the schedule by a special helicopter at 7.30 this morning to a rousing reception by his partymen, Nitish Kumar took part in rituals at the temple and also made donations to Baudh bhikshus.
The Bihar chief minister who had to start Sewa Yatra from Gopalganj district later left around 9.30am.
Regarding speculation on Narendra Modi as BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, he refused to reply.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter