Saran school to be tagged with nearby middle school
Chhapra/Patna: The primary school in Bihar that witnessed the death of 23 children due to consumption of poisonous mid-day meal will cease to function from present location and will be tagged with nearby middle school having infrastructure for cooking hygienic food.
"The Dharmasati Gandaman primary school will not function at the present location at a community hall building and will be tagged with Gandaman middle school which is around 200 metres away, Saran District Magistrate Abhijit Sinha told a news agency.
The primary school was earlier part of the middle school and would again go back to its old location, the DM said.
The tagging is part of the state government`s decision to attach thousands of new schools across the state which does not have roof or proper kitchen facility for cooking healthy mid-day meal.
The school has been shut since the mid-day meal tragedy that took place on last Tuesday.
Meanwhile, no clue of the absconding principal of the institution and her husband has been found.
"The police are conducting raids in search of the fleeing duo," Superintendent of Police Sujeet Kumar said.
The SP said if needed, police would seek order for property attachment of the principal.
Meanwhile, condition of 24 children and the woman cook Manju Devi is stable at Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH).
"All the children are showing considerable improvement but they are still in the hospital for observation and might be released by Monday," PMCH Superintendent Amarkant Jha Amar told a news agency.
Amar said the woman cook, admitted at PMCH along with those children, is in complete shock and the hospital is giving her counselling. The cook`s three children, two sons and a daughter, are also in PMCH.
The much-awaited FSL (Forensic Science Laboratory) report that would confirm the quantity of poison in the food is expected later today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why