SC issues notice on a missing Bihar engineer
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued notices to the Ministries of Home and External Affairs on a petition of Nikhat Parveen, seeking that her husband Fasih Mohammad, missing from Saudi Arabia, be brought before the court.
Fasih, an engineer employed in Saudi Arabia, was allegedly picked up by intelligence agencies from Al Jubal in the Saudi kingdom on May 13, 2012.
Besides the Ministries of Home and External Affairs, notices have been issued to Maharashtra, Andhra, Bihar and other state governments.
The apex court bench of Justice KS Radhakrishnan and Justice JS Khehar issued notices after Nikhat Parveen`s counsel Naushad Ahmad Khan told the court that ever since Fasih Mohammad`s "abduction" on May 13, his whereabouts and his well-being was not known.
The court was told that Fasih Mohammad made a call to his wife Nikhat Parveen a few days back. During that call, Fasih told her that he was alright but did not disclose his location.
The court was told that Nikhat Parveen had made several representations to several authorities but all have gone unanswered.
Fasih Mohammad, 35, hails from Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, about 200 km from Patna. Fasih`s father, Dr Firoz Ahmad, is in charge of the Benipatti primary health centre in Madhubani district. His mother is a school teacher in Darbhanga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday