SC issues notice on a missing Bihar engineer
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday issued notices to the Ministries of Home and External Affairs on a petition of Nikhat Parveen, seeking that her husband Fasih Mohammad, missing from Saudi Arabia, be brought before the court.
Fasih, an engineer employed in Saudi Arabia, was allegedly picked up by intelligence agencies from Al Jubal in the Saudi kingdom on May 13, 2012.
Besides the Ministries of Home and External Affairs, notices have been issued to Maharashtra, Andhra, Bihar and other state governments.
The apex court bench of Justice KS Radhakrishnan and Justice JS Khehar issued notices after Nikhat Parveen`s counsel Naushad Ahmad Khan told the court that ever since Fasih Mohammad`s "abduction" on May 13, his whereabouts and his well-being was not known.
The court was told that Fasih Mohammad made a call to his wife Nikhat Parveen a few days back. During that call, Fasih told her that he was alright but did not disclose his location.
The court was told that Nikhat Parveen had made several representations to several authorities but all have gone unanswered.
Fasih Mohammad, 35, hails from Barh Saaila village in Darbhanga district of Bihar, about 200 km from Patna. Fasih`s father, Dr Firoz Ahmad, is in charge of the Benipatti primary health centre in Madhubani district. His mother is a school teacher in Darbhanga.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter