SC issues notice to Bihar govt on kidnapping of teenage girl
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the Bihar government on a plea for direction to the state police to trace out a teenage girl, kidnapped from Muzaffarpur town in the state about three months back.
Alleging that there is law and order problem in the state, a group of Delhi University law student, hailing from Bihar, filed the petitions pleading that the state police refused to act in the case saying the girl may have eloped with her lover.
Navaruna, 12, has been missing from her house in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur town since September 18.
After a brief hearing, a bench of justices RM Lodha and A R Dave issued notices to the Centre and the Bihar government and asked them to file their replies to the petition which also sought a CBI probe into the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!