SC issues notice to Bihar govt on kidnapping of teenage girl
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the Bihar government on a plea for direction to the state police to trace out a teenage girl, kidnapped from Muzaffarpur town in the state about three months back.
Alleging that there is law and order problem in the state, a group of Delhi University law student, hailing from Bihar, filed the petitions pleading that the state police refused to act in the case saying the girl may have eloped with her lover.
Navaruna, 12, has been missing from her house in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur town since September 18.
After a brief hearing, a bench of justices RM Lodha and A R Dave issued notices to the Centre and the Bihar government and asked them to file their replies to the petition which also sought a CBI probe into the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?