SC issues notice to Bihar govt on kidnapping of teenage girl
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the Bihar government on a plea for direction to the state police to trace out a teenage girl, kidnapped from Muzaffarpur town in the state about three months back.
Alleging that there is law and order problem in the state, a group of Delhi University law student, hailing from Bihar, filed the petitions pleading that the state police refused to act in the case saying the girl may have eloped with her lover.
Navaruna, 12, has been missing from her house in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur town since September 18.
After a brief hearing, a bench of justices RM Lodha and A R Dave issued notices to the Centre and the Bihar government and asked them to file their replies to the petition which also sought a CBI probe into the case.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!