SC/ST students to get scholarship in bank accounts
Patna: Bihar government has decided to
deposit scholarship amount of SC/ST students of class-VII to
class-X in their bank accounts, an official said on Thursday.
In view of various difficulties in providing
scholarship to the SC/ST students on time, it has been decided
to deposit the amount directly in the bank account of the
beneficiaries, numbering about eight lakhs, SC/ST Welfare
Secretary Ravi Parmar told reporters here.
The implementation of direct transfer of scholarship
money was being worked out with the banks, he said.
Once their bank accounts are opened, respective
government officials will transfer the amount in respective
bank accounts in the first week of every month, Parmar said.
The SC/ST welfare department will issue easy pay card
to SC/ST students of class-X and upward so that they can
withdraw money easily, Parmar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday