SC/ST students to get scholarship in bank accounts
Patna: Bihar government has decided to
deposit scholarship amount of SC/ST students of class-VII to
class-X in their bank accounts, an official said on Thursday.
In view of various difficulties in providing
scholarship to the SC/ST students on time, it has been decided
to deposit the amount directly in the bank account of the
beneficiaries, numbering about eight lakhs, SC/ST Welfare
Secretary Ravi Parmar told reporters here.
The implementation of direct transfer of scholarship
money was being worked out with the banks, he said.
Once their bank accounts are opened, respective
government officials will transfer the amount in respective
bank accounts in the first week of every month, Parmar said.
The SC/ST welfare department will issue easy pay card
to SC/ST students of class-X and upward so that they can
withdraw money easily, Parmar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP