School teacher killed in Bihar
Bhagalpur: A school teacher was killed by unidentified persons near Kahalgaon police station area of Bhagalpur district in the early hours of Friday, police said.
Vilayati Prasad, a senior teacher of a higher secondary school was hacked to death by some unidentified persons while he was fast asleep in the school premises, the police said.
Students and locals assembled in the area and closed all the schools and colleges and sat on dharna on national highway in protest against the killing of the teacher.
The protestors refused to hand over the body of the slain teacher to police for postmortem in protest against the killing.
The reason behind the killing was under investigation.
Senior police ofiicials have rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!