School teacher killed in Bihar
Bhagalpur: A school teacher was killed by unidentified persons near Kahalgaon police station area of Bhagalpur district in the early hours of Friday, police said.
Vilayati Prasad, a senior teacher of a higher secondary school was hacked to death by some unidentified persons while he was fast asleep in the school premises, the police said.
Students and locals assembled in the area and closed all the schools and colleges and sat on dharna on national highway in protest against the killing of the teacher.
The protestors refused to hand over the body of the slain teacher to police for postmortem in protest against the killing.
The reason behind the killing was under investigation.
Senior police ofiicials have rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH