School teacher killed in Bihar
Bhagalpur: A school teacher was killed by unidentified persons near Kahalgaon police station area of Bhagalpur district in the early hours of Friday, police said.
Vilayati Prasad, a senior teacher of a higher secondary school was hacked to death by some unidentified persons while he was fast asleep in the school premises, the police said.
Students and locals assembled in the area and closed all the schools and colleges and sat on dharna on national highway in protest against the killing of the teacher.
The protestors refused to hand over the body of the slain teacher to police for postmortem in protest against the killing.
The reason behind the killing was under investigation.
Senior police ofiicials have rushed to the spot to bring the situation under control, the police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’