Search continues for 15 kidnapped persons in Bihar
Jamui: Security personnel today
continued search operations for the 15 people abducted by
suspected Maoists in Bihar`s Jamui district.
"We continue the search operations in the forests to
secure safe release of the kidnapped persons as they remain
traceless so far," Superintendent of Police R N Singh said.
He said, "Maoist guerrillas kidnapped the 15 persons -
eight labourers, four employees of a private construction
company and three villagers - from Balthar Ghat on Monday."
Late on Monday night, over 50 ultras stormed into the
office of a private firm engaged by Bihar State Bridge
Corporation for construction of a bridge over Bharnar River
and took them away at gunpoint to a forest bordering Giridih
district of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside