Search continues for 15 kidnapped persons in Bihar
Jamui: Security personnel today
continued search operations for the 15 people abducted by
suspected Maoists in Bihar`s Jamui district.
"We continue the search operations in the forests to
secure safe release of the kidnapped persons as they remain
traceless so far," Superintendent of Police R N Singh said.
He said, "Maoist guerrillas kidnapped the 15 persons -
eight labourers, four employees of a private construction
company and three villagers - from Balthar Ghat on Monday."
Late on Monday night, over 50 ultras stormed into the
office of a private firm engaged by Bihar State Bridge
Corporation for construction of a bridge over Bharnar River
and took them away at gunpoint to a forest bordering Giridih
district of Jharkhand.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan
- Landslides close Jammu-Srinagar highway; Amarnath Yatra suspended
- Italian leaders vow to prevent terrorist attacks
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic