Section of BJP leaders boycott party executive meet
Patna: Infighting in Bihar`s BJP on Saturday surfaced again with half a dozen senior party leaders, including three ministers, boycotting the executive meeting of the party here - the first after Mangal Pandey became the state party chief.
Prominent among those who stayed away from the meet were former the Bharatiya Janata Party`s former state unit chief CP Thakur, Health Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey, PHED minister Chandra Mohan Rai and Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh, a party leader said.
"They are unhappy over Pandey`s style of functioning without consulting senior party leaders. Besides, they had also questioned his setting up of a jumbo 174-member working committee in a unilateral manner," said another party leader close to Thakur.
Pandey, considered a protégé of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, is considered to allege to have several senior leaders, who used to enjoy clout in the party for years.
On the eve of the meet, Thakur, Singh and other party leaders, who are unhappy with Pandey, held a meeting at the house of senior party leader Tarakant Jha late Friday night.
"In that meeting itself, it was decided by them to boycott the executive meeting of the party to express their anger," said a party leader.
Thakur, a Rajya Sabha MP, said that he was not angry with Pandey but with Modi, "who is running the show by using him", said the leader.
The two-day executive meeting was inaugurated by Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley. Party national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain, who also attended the meet, downpalyed the rift.
"There is nothing like it. No one is unhappy and angry in the BJP here," he told media persons here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic