Section of BJP leaders boycott party executive meet
Patna: Infighting in Bihar`s BJP on Saturday surfaced again with half a dozen senior party leaders, including three ministers, boycotting the executive meeting of the party here - the first after Mangal Pandey became the state party chief.
Prominent among those who stayed away from the meet were former the Bharatiya Janata Party`s former state unit chief CP Thakur, Health Minister Ashwani Kumar Choubey, PHED minister Chandra Mohan Rai and Animal Husbandry Minister Giriraj Singh, a party leader said.
"They are unhappy over Pandey`s style of functioning without consulting senior party leaders. Besides, they had also questioned his setting up of a jumbo 174-member working committee in a unilateral manner," said another party leader close to Thakur.
Pandey, considered a protégé of Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, is considered to allege to have several senior leaders, who used to enjoy clout in the party for years.
On the eve of the meet, Thakur, Singh and other party leaders, who are unhappy with Pandey, held a meeting at the house of senior party leader Tarakant Jha late Friday night.
"In that meeting itself, it was decided by them to boycott the executive meeting of the party to express their anger," said a party leader.
Thakur, a Rajya Sabha MP, said that he was not angry with Pandey but with Modi, "who is running the show by using him", said the leader.
The two-day executive meeting was inaugurated by Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley. Party national spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain, who also attended the meet, downpalyed the rift.
"There is nothing like it. No one is unhappy and angry in the BJP here," he told media persons here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!