Security alert for north Bihar bandh by Maoists
Patna: Security measures have been beefed
up in north Bihar for the 48-hour shutdown called by the
proscribed CPI (Maoist) from Thursday to protest against
alleged police attempt to foil a `democratic action` of the
Maoist backed outfit, Mahangai Virodhi Morcha.
"All police stations in the Naxal-infested areas in
Tirhut and Darbhanga divisions in Bihar have been put on
maximum alert," sources said.
Extra security attention was being paid to protect
vital installations, including property of railways, in the
divisions, they said.
Lokesh, secretary to North Bihar bordering region of
the Maoists said in a press note issued in Muzaffarpur that
the shutdown was called to protest against the police action
to foil the Morcha`s attempt to organise a public meeting here
against price rise on April 30.
Maoists set afire two buses
Suspected Maoists Thursday torched two buses in Bihar`s Saran district, police said.
Armed rebels set on fire two buses near a village under Maker police station.
No casualty was reported as the buses were empty at the time of incident, the police said.
PTI with IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town