Security alert for north Bihar bandh by Maoists
Patna: Security measures have been beefed
up in north Bihar for the 48-hour shutdown called by the
proscribed CPI (Maoist) from Thursday to protest against
alleged police attempt to foil a `democratic action` of the
Maoist backed outfit, Mahangai Virodhi Morcha.
"All police stations in the Naxal-infested areas in
Tirhut and Darbhanga divisions in Bihar have been put on
maximum alert," sources said.
Extra security attention was being paid to protect
vital installations, including property of railways, in the
divisions, they said.
Lokesh, secretary to North Bihar bordering region of
the Maoists said in a press note issued in Muzaffarpur that
the shutdown was called to protest against the police action
to foil the Morcha`s attempt to organise a public meeting here
against price rise on April 30.
Maoists set afire two buses
Suspected Maoists Thursday torched two buses in Bihar`s Saran district, police said.
Armed rebels set on fire two buses near a village under Maker police station.
No casualty was reported as the buses were empty at the time of incident, the police said.
PTI with IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'