Security alert for north Bihar bandh by Maoists
Patna: Security measures have been beefed
up in north Bihar for the 48-hour shutdown called by the
proscribed CPI (Maoist) from Thursday to protest against
alleged police attempt to foil a `democratic action` of the
Maoist backed outfit, Mahangai Virodhi Morcha.
"All police stations in the Naxal-infested areas in
Tirhut and Darbhanga divisions in Bihar have been put on
maximum alert," sources said.
Extra security attention was being paid to protect
vital installations, including property of railways, in the
divisions, they said.
Lokesh, secretary to North Bihar bordering region of
the Maoists said in a press note issued in Muzaffarpur that
the shutdown was called to protest against the police action
to foil the Morcha`s attempt to organise a public meeting here
against price rise on April 30.
Maoists set afire two buses
Suspected Maoists Thursday torched two buses in Bihar`s Saran district, police said.
Armed rebels set on fire two buses near a village under Maker police station.
No casualty was reported as the buses were empty at the time of incident, the police said.
PTI with IANS inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference