Security alert for north Bihar bandh by Maoists
Patna: Security measures have been beefed
up in north Bihar for the 48-hour shutdown called by the
proscribed CPI (Maoist) from Thursday to protest against
alleged police attempt to foil a `democratic action` of the
Maoist backed outfit, Mahangai Virodhi Morcha.
"All police stations in the Naxal-infested areas in
Tirhut and Darbhanga divisions in Bihar have been put on
maximum alert," sources said.
Extra security attention was being paid to protect
vital installations, including property of railways, in the
divisions, they said.
Lokesh, secretary to North Bihar bordering region of
the Maoists said in a press note issued in Muzaffarpur that
the shutdown was called to protest against the police action
to foil the Morcha`s attempt to organise a public meeting here
against price rise on April 30.
Maoists set afire two buses
Suspected Maoists Thursday torched two buses in Bihar`s Saran district, police said.
Armed rebels set on fire two buses near a village under Maker police station.
No casualty was reported as the buses were empty at the time of incident, the police said.
PTI with IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015