Security forces destroy poppy crop planted by ultras in Bihar
Munger: Security forces on Tuesday destroyed poppy crop spread over ten acres of land allegedly cultivated by the Maoists in a forest under the Barhat police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, police said.
During a combing-cum-search operation against the Maoists, the security forces comprising the CRPF and district police detected poppy crop planted over ten acres of land by the ultras in Gurmaha forests and destroyed it, SP Operations Naveen Kumar said.
However, no one was arrested in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Preggers Mira Rajput admitted to hospital; hubby Shahid Kapoor's parents hurry to meet bahu!
- 'Spit remark' on PV Sindhu's achievements: Director says fans didn't get his satire, gets TROLLED again
- 2016 Hyundai Elantra: Check out features and specifications
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India Result 2016; Check icsi.edu for ICSI CS Executive Result 2016 declared
- Avoid getting sick this monsoon with these top health tips!