Security forces destroy poppy crop planted by ultras in Bihar
Munger: Security forces on Tuesday destroyed poppy crop spread over ten acres of land allegedly cultivated by the Maoists in a forest under the Barhat police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, police said.
During a combing-cum-search operation against the Maoists, the security forces comprising the CRPF and district police detected poppy crop planted over ten acres of land by the ultras in Gurmaha forests and destroyed it, SP Operations Naveen Kumar said.
However, no one was arrested in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog