Security forces destroy poppy crop planted by ultras in Bihar
Munger: Security forces on Tuesday destroyed poppy crop spread over ten acres of land allegedly cultivated by the Maoists in a forest under the Barhat police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, police said.
During a combing-cum-search operation against the Maoists, the security forces comprising the CRPF and district police detected poppy crop planted over ten acres of land by the ultras in Gurmaha forests and destroyed it, SP Operations Naveen Kumar said.
However, no one was arrested in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch