Security forces destroy poppy crop planted by ultras in Bihar
Munger: Security forces on Tuesday destroyed poppy crop spread over ten acres of land allegedly cultivated by the Maoists in a forest under the Barhat police station area in Bihar`s Munger district, police said.
During a combing-cum-search operation against the Maoists, the security forces comprising the CRPF and district police detected poppy crop planted over ten acres of land by the ultras in Gurmaha forests and destroyed it, SP Operations Naveen Kumar said.
However, no one was arrested in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad