Security forces in Bihar using unmanned aerial vehicles to combat Maoists
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Some of the districts in Bihar are one of worst Maoist-hit areas in the country. Now, in order to combat the menace, security forces in the state have started using unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) so that security of those who are in field operations is not compromised.
Though this is the first time that UAVs are being used in Bihar, it has been in use in other Naxal-affected states like Chhatishgarh and Jharkhand. Some of the worst hit areas in Bihar have been the districts of Gaya, Aurangabad and Jamui.
A senior police official was quoted by a news agency as saying that the induction of UAVs would help in keeping an eye on Maoist movements in their strongholds in North Bihar plains and forest areas in Southern Bihar.
He also said that it would minimise the chances of casualties of security personnel who were involved in fighting the Naxals.
The UAVs use Global Positioning System (GPS) which helps in feeding real time location and movement of Naxals. It also helps in picking up ground conversation and movement. The real time images of the Maoists is passed on to the commandos. It is also said that the UAVs would also help in detecting IEDs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists