Security measures tightened following Bihar MLA`s murder
Purnia: The body of slain BJP MLA Raj
Kishore Kesari was handed over to his relatives on Tuesday after
autopsy as security measures were stepped up in Bihar`s Purnia
town to avert any untoward incident following the murder.
District Magistrate N Sarwan Kumar said the body was
handed over to Kesari`s relatives after autopsy and the entire
process was videographed.
The body will be cremated with full state honours in
Purnia after the MLA`s son Rahul Keshari, who studies in New
Delhi, arrives here tomorrow.
Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, state BJP President C
P Thakur besides several state ministers and party leaders
would attend the funeral.
Meanwhile, patrolling was intensified in the town as
all police stations were asked to keep a watch on the
situation while additional security personnel were deployed in
Keshari was stabbed to death at his Purnia residence
by a woman today who had earlier accused him of sexual
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- US Presidential Elections: Why Barack Obama warned Democrats to 'stay worried' about Donald Trump
- Shot putter Inderjeet Singh passes second dope test; NADA awaits July 10 and 11 results
- US Presidential Elections: I've nothing to do with Russia, says Donald Trump as Democrats accuse Moscow of helping him
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal