Security measures tightened following Bihar MLA`s murder
Purnia: The body of slain BJP MLA Raj
Kishore Kesari was handed over to his relatives on Tuesday after
autopsy as security measures were stepped up in Bihar`s Purnia
town to avert any untoward incident following the murder.
District Magistrate N Sarwan Kumar said the body was
handed over to Kesari`s relatives after autopsy and the entire
process was videographed.
The body will be cremated with full state honours in
Purnia after the MLA`s son Rahul Keshari, who studies in New
Delhi, arrives here tomorrow.
Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, state BJP President C
P Thakur besides several state ministers and party leaders
would attend the funeral.
Meanwhile, patrolling was intensified in the town as
all police stations were asked to keep a watch on the
situation while additional security personnel were deployed in
Keshari was stabbed to death at his Purnia residence
by a woman today who had earlier accused him of sexual
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report