Security to be stepped in Bihar during holy `Shrawan` month
Banka: All police stations and outposts in Bihar`s Banka district have been alerted to take additional security measures during the Shrawan month as Maoists may target pilgrims visiting the holy town Deoghar for worship of Lord Shiva, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police (Banka) Pushkar Anand has directed officials to take additional measures to ensure security of large number of pilgrims visiting Lord Shiva temple in Deoghar as they could come under the Maoists` attack, sources said.
The Station House Officers (SHOs) of Belhar, Katoria, Chandan and Suia police stations and Officers In-Charge (OIC) of Anandpur, Jaipur and Kesar police outposts have been asked to be vigilant as the pilgrims pass through jurisdiction of these police stations and outposts, they said.
Senior civil and police officials have been asked to be monitor law and order situation in the Maoists-infested Banka district to prevent any untoward incident during the festive Shrawan month, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- India focusing on market dislocations from Brexit: Jayant Sinha
- Factbox: Five questions for Britain and Europe after Brexit vote
- China remains unmoved, says NSG will not discuss India's bid
- University of Mumbai to declare TYBCom Results 2016 today; check mu.ac.in
- Anil Kumble's appointment: This is what 'disappointed' Ravi Shastri, Sandeep Patil said...