Security to be stepped in Bihar during holy `Shrawan` month
Banka: All police stations and outposts in Bihar`s Banka district have been alerted to take additional security measures during the Shrawan month as Maoists may target pilgrims visiting the holy town Deoghar for worship of Lord Shiva, police sources said.
Superintendent of Police (Banka) Pushkar Anand has directed officials to take additional measures to ensure security of large number of pilgrims visiting Lord Shiva temple in Deoghar as they could come under the Maoists` attack, sources said.
The Station House Officers (SHOs) of Belhar, Katoria, Chandan and Suia police stations and Officers In-Charge (OIC) of Anandpur, Jaipur and Kesar police outposts have been asked to be vigilant as the pilgrims pass through jurisdiction of these police stations and outposts, they said.
Senior civil and police officials have been asked to be monitor law and order situation in the Maoists-infested Banka district to prevent any untoward incident during the festive Shrawan month, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP cuts gap, witnesses massive surge in seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC, dominates in other cities
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway