Security to be tightened at Patna High Court
Patna: Security measures would be further
tightened in and around the Patna High Court premises in the
wake of recent blasts at the gate of Delhi High Court.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting which
took stock of the security at the court, officials said on Saturday.
Apart from three judges of the High Court, ADG (Special
Branch) A S Nimbram and ADG (law and order) P N Rai also
attended the meeting held yesterday.
Official sources said all the four gates of the court
were being guarded by Bihar Military Police (BMP) personnel.
CCTVs would be installed at all important points to keep
surveillance on the activities and visitors would be
thoroughly frisked with metal detector, sources said.
At present, 50 constables and 24 havildars are said to be
deployed for general security duties within and outside the
courts as also the two pass counters.
A decision was also taken to further sandbag the security
set up on all the gates with security to prevent uninhibited
entry of any intruder and ensure constant patrolling on the
outer periphery, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters