Security to be tightened at Patna High Court
Patna: Security measures would be further
tightened in and around the Patna High Court premises in the
wake of recent blasts at the gate of Delhi High Court.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting which
took stock of the security at the court, officials said on Saturday.
Apart from three judges of the High Court, ADG (Special
Branch) A S Nimbram and ADG (law and order) P N Rai also
attended the meeting held yesterday.
Official sources said all the four gates of the court
were being guarded by Bihar Military Police (BMP) personnel.
CCTVs would be installed at all important points to keep
surveillance on the activities and visitors would be
thoroughly frisked with metal detector, sources said.
At present, 50 constables and 24 havildars are said to be
deployed for general security duties within and outside the
courts as also the two pass counters.
A decision was also taken to further sandbag the security
set up on all the gates with security to prevent uninhibited
entry of any intruder and ensure constant patrolling on the
outer periphery, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal