Self immolation bid by two Congress activists
Patna: Two Congress activists on Friday attempted self-immolation during a rally called by the Bihar Youth Congress Committee (BYCC) to protest against the
detention of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday.
Two party workers Ajami Bari and Rohit Kumar sprinkled petrol and set themselves on fire. They were carrying petrol in bottles with them.
Other party workers rushed to their rescue and douse the flames. The two were taken to Patna Medical College Hospital, BYCC president Lalan Kumar said.
The incident occurred in presence of Indian Youth Congress secretary Harshbardhan Shyam, who was in-charge of Bihar.
The police said they came to know about the incident and were investigating.
Youth Congress workers gathered in front of the office of Bahujan Samaj Party in Budha Colony locality here this morning and shouted slogans against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati dubbing her as anti-farmer and anti-poor.
"This is a fascist government in a politically sensitive state like Uttar Pradesh where everybody is feeling insecure. Complete anarchy and chaos prevailed in the system and corruption is rampant," they alleged.
Kumar said youth Congress activists demonstrated across the state in protest against detention of Rahul Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’