Self immolation bid by two Congress activists
Patna: Two Congress activists on Friday attempted self-immolation during a rally called by the Bihar Youth Congress Committee (BYCC) to protest against the
detention of AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi in Uttar Pradesh on Wednesday.
Two party workers Ajami Bari and Rohit Kumar sprinkled petrol and set themselves on fire. They were carrying petrol in bottles with them.
Other party workers rushed to their rescue and douse the flames. The two were taken to Patna Medical College Hospital, BYCC president Lalan Kumar said.
The incident occurred in presence of Indian Youth Congress secretary Harshbardhan Shyam, who was in-charge of Bihar.
The police said they came to know about the incident and were investigating.
Youth Congress workers gathered in front of the office of Bahujan Samaj Party in Budha Colony locality here this morning and shouted slogans against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati dubbing her as anti-farmer and anti-poor.
"This is a fascist government in a politically sensitive state like Uttar Pradesh where everybody is feeling insecure. Complete anarchy and chaos prevailed in the system and corruption is rampant," they alleged.
Kumar said youth Congress activists demonstrated across the state in protest against detention of Rahul Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE 10th result 2016 likely to be declared at 10 am today. Check www.cbse.nic.in, www.cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 result 2016, CBSE X Board Result
- Suspended JDU MLC Manorama Devi's bail plea rejected by Gaya court
- Is it a bubble or a pony? Sunny Leone's latest hairstyle is something to watch out for!
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level