Senior Bihar Govt officials ordered 10 years jail term
Patna: A Bihar court today sentenced nine
senior state government officials to 10 years imprisonment in
connection with a scam related to irregularities in the supply
of foodgrains from Bihar State Food Corporation godown in
The punishment was awarded by special Vigilance judge
AK Sinha, who also fined each of them Rs 44,000.
Sinha had on July 1 found them guilty of irregularities
involving Rs 32 lakh between 2002 and 2008 and fixed July five
as the date for announcing the quantum of punishment.
The state Vigilance Bureau had registered an FIR in this
connection on July 3, 2008 and chargesheeted them on September
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February