Senior Bihar Govt officials ordered 10 years jail term
Patna: A Bihar court today sentenced nine
senior state government officials to 10 years imprisonment in
connection with a scam related to irregularities in the supply
of foodgrains from Bihar State Food Corporation godown in
The punishment was awarded by special Vigilance judge
AK Sinha, who also fined each of them Rs 44,000.
Sinha had on July 1 found them guilty of irregularities
involving Rs 32 lakh between 2002 and 2008 and fixed July five
as the date for announcing the quantum of punishment.
The state Vigilance Bureau had registered an FIR in this
connection on July 3, 2008 and chargesheeted them on September
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'