Senior Bihar officer arrested for bribe in MNREGA
Gaya: A senior Bihar Administrative Service officer was arrested by the state police today for allegedly taking a bribe from a village head in connection with a MNREGA scheme.
Deputy Commissioner of Land Revenue Ramesh Prasad Diwakar was arrested while accepting Rs 40,000 from a mukhiya (village head)at his residence at Sherghati in Gaya district, Deputy Inspector General of Police Praveen Vashist said.
The bribe money was also recovered from the officer, he said.
As per preliminary investigation the officer had sought Rs one lakh from the mukhiya of Kachauri panchayat to rectify a report regarding the MNREGA scheme. The officer was caught taking Rs 40,000 out of the deal money.
The DIG said during the raid at Diwakar`s house, Rs 1.5 lakh cash and passbooks of many banks were seized. Search is on at his house at Maner, his native place in Patna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days