Senior Bihar officer arrested for bribe in MNREGA
Gaya: A senior Bihar Administrative Service officer was arrested by the state police today for allegedly taking a bribe from a village head in connection with a MNREGA scheme.
Deputy Commissioner of Land Revenue Ramesh Prasad Diwakar was arrested while accepting Rs 40,000 from a mukhiya (village head)at his residence at Sherghati in Gaya district, Deputy Inspector General of Police Praveen Vashist said.
The bribe money was also recovered from the officer, he said.
As per preliminary investigation the officer had sought Rs one lakh from the mukhiya of Kachauri panchayat to rectify a report regarding the MNREGA scheme. The officer was caught taking Rs 40,000 out of the deal money.
The DIG said during the raid at Diwakar`s house, Rs 1.5 lakh cash and passbooks of many banks were seized. Search is on at his house at Maner, his native place in Patna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family