Senior Bihar officer arrested for bribe in MNREGA
Gaya: A senior Bihar Administrative Service officer was arrested by the state police today for allegedly taking a bribe from a village head in connection with a MNREGA scheme.
Deputy Commissioner of Land Revenue Ramesh Prasad Diwakar was arrested while accepting Rs 40,000 from a mukhiya (village head)at his residence at Sherghati in Gaya district, Deputy Inspector General of Police Praveen Vashist said.
The bribe money was also recovered from the officer, he said.
As per preliminary investigation the officer had sought Rs one lakh from the mukhiya of Kachauri panchayat to rectify a report regarding the MNREGA scheme. The officer was caught taking Rs 40,000 out of the deal money.
The DIG said during the raid at Diwakar`s house, Rs 1.5 lakh cash and passbooks of many banks were seized. Search is on at his house at Maner, his native place in Patna district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez