Senior BJP leader quits party posts in Bihar
Patna: Chandra Mohan Rai, a senior BJP leader and a former minister, announced on Wednesday that he was resigning from all party posts to protest against the neglect of committed party leaders and workers over new entrants.
He also said that BJP in Bihar is controlled by two-three people only.
Rai, a BJP legislator, told media persons here that he was still in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and will reveal his future course of action on Thursday.
"I am sad and pained by the way new entrants have been given more importance in BJP in place of committed leaders and workers. It caused resentment in the party," Rai said.
He added that he has written a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh to express his "displeasure on the issue".
Rai is likely to resign from the BJP on Thursday if the party central leadership fails to intervene after he raised the issues, a BJP leader close to him said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?