Senior BJP leader quits party posts in Bihar
Patna: Chandra Mohan Rai, a senior BJP leader and a former minister, announced on Wednesday that he was resigning from all party posts to protest against the neglect of committed party leaders and workers over new entrants.
He also said that BJP in Bihar is controlled by two-three people only.
Rai, a BJP legislator, told media persons here that he was still in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and will reveal his future course of action on Thursday.
"I am sad and pained by the way new entrants have been given more importance in BJP in place of committed leaders and workers. It caused resentment in the party," Rai said.
He added that he has written a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh to express his "displeasure on the issue".
Rai is likely to resign from the BJP on Thursday if the party central leadership fails to intervene after he raised the issues, a BJP leader close to him said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'