Senior BJP leader quits party posts in Bihar
Patna: Chandra Mohan Rai, a senior BJP leader and a former minister, announced on Wednesday that he was resigning from all party posts to protest against the neglect of committed party leaders and workers over new entrants.
He also said that BJP in Bihar is controlled by two-three people only.
Rai, a BJP legislator, told media persons here that he was still in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and will reveal his future course of action on Thursday.
"I am sad and pained by the way new entrants have been given more importance in BJP in place of committed leaders and workers. It caused resentment in the party," Rai said.
He added that he has written a letter to BJP president Rajnath Singh to express his "displeasure on the issue".
Rai is likely to resign from the BJP on Thursday if the party central leadership fails to intervene after he raised the issues, a BJP leader close to him said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Peter Mukerjea knew Sheena was Indrani's daughter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them