Senior CPI leader Prabhu Narayan Rai dead
Patna: Senior CPI leader, freedom fighter and
Marxist ideologue Prabhu Narayan Rai on Saturday died after
protracted illness at his native village at Gauripur in
Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, party sources said.
He was 98.
Rai was an MLA from Bihpur Assembly constituency in North
Bhagalpur between 1957 and 1962, in 1969 and also between 1972
Rai is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters.
State CPI secretary Badri Narai Lal expressed grief at
the demise of Rai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket