Senior CPI leader Prabhu Narayan Rai dead
Patna: Senior CPI leader, freedom fighter and
Marxist ideologue Prabhu Narayan Rai on Saturday died after
protracted illness at his native village at Gauripur in
Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, party sources said.
He was 98.
Rai was an MLA from Bihpur Assembly constituency in North
Bhagalpur between 1957 and 1962, in 1969 and also between 1972
Rai is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters.
State CPI secretary Badri Narai Lal expressed grief at
the demise of Rai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM