Senior CPI leader Prabhu Narayan Rai dead
Patna: Senior CPI leader, freedom fighter and
Marxist ideologue Prabhu Narayan Rai on Saturday died after
protracted illness at his native village at Gauripur in
Bihar`s Bhagalpur district, party sources said.
He was 98.
Rai was an MLA from Bihpur Assembly constituency in North
Bhagalpur between 1957 and 1962, in 1969 and also between 1972
Rai is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters.
State CPI secretary Badri Narai Lal expressed grief at
the demise of Rai.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video