Senior JD(U) leader Monazir Hassan joins BJP
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on Wednesday got a shot in its arm when former MP and senior JD(U) leader Monazir Hassan joined the party and praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s vision for development of minorities.
"Narendra Modi has talked about inclusive development and the need for taking everybody along. He has said that he wants to see Muslims with the Holy Quran in one hand and laptop in another.
This reflects his progressive thinking and knowledge about deteriorating condition of the Muslims," Hassan told reporters after joining the BJP at a function here.
Coming down heavily on the JD(U) and other parties, he said "An atmosphere of hatred was created in the country and vested interests took the name of communalism and secularism for their own advantage.
"I will strengthen the BJP so much that the shops of those indulging in the politics of communalism and secularism will be shut."
The four time MLA from Munger and a Lok Sabha member from Begusarai constituency (2009-14), Hassan had resigned from JD(U) yesterday citing erosion of democracy within the party. He also served as a minister during the RJD rule in 2000 and then again in the JD(U) government in 2005.
Hassan, who joined the BJP in the presence of former deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Leader of the Opposition in Bihar Legislative Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav and state BJP president Mangal Pandey, talked about his old association with the BJP.
"I was the first president of BJP Youth Wing in Munger district decades ago when it was established there and I had just entered politics. Afterwards I got to work as a minister with Sushil Kumar Modi and Yadav. I liked their efficiency. I started with BJP and I wish that I end with BJP," he said.
Welcoming him to the BJP, Sushil Modi praised him as a big leader of the minority community and said Hassan`s joining the party would dispel the vicious propaganda against BJP among the minority community.
He also pointed out that other Muslim leaders Akhlaq Ahmand and Jamshed Ashraf have also joined the BJP earlier.
JD(U) general secretary Akeel Akhtar, Sudhanshu Nirala and several of their supporters also joined the BJP on this occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe