Senior JD(U) leader Monazir Hassan joins BJP
Patna: The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) on WEdnesday got a shot in its arm when former MP and senior JD(U) leader Monazir Hassan joined the party and praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s vision for development of minorities.
"Narendra Modi has talked about inclusive development and the need for taking everybody along. He has said that he wants to see Muslims with the Holy Quran in one hand and laptop in another. This reflects his progressive thinking and knowledge about deteriorating condition of the Muslims," Hassan told reporters after joining the BJP at a function here.
Coming down heavily on the JD(U) and other parties, he said "An atmosphere of hatred was created in the country and vested interests took the name of communalism and secularism for their own advantage.
"I will strengthen the BJP so much that the shops of those indulging in the politics of communalism and secularism will be shut."
The four time MLA from Munger and a Lok Sabha member from Begusarai constituency (2009-14), Hassan had resigned from JD(U) yesterday citing erosion of democracy within the party. He also served as a minister during the RJD rule in 2000 and then again in the JD(U) government in 2005.
Hassan, who joined the BJP in the presence of former deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi, Leader of the Opposition in Bihar Legislative Assembly Nand Kishore Yadav and state BJP president Mangal Pandey, talked about his old association with the BJP.
"I was the first president of BJP Youth Wing in Munger district decades ago when it was established there and I had just entered politics.
Afterwards I got to work as a minister with Sushil Kumar Modi and Yadav. I liked their efficiency. I started with BJP and I wish that I end with BJP," he said.
Welcoming him to the BJP, Sushil Modi praised him as a big leader of the minority community and said Hassan`s joining the party would dispel the vicious propaganda against BJP among the minority community.
He also pointed out that other Muslim leaders Akhlaq Ahmand and Jamshed Ashraf have also joined the BJP earlier.
JD(U) general secretary Akeel Akhtar, Sudhanshu Nirala and several of their supporters also joined the BJP on this occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'