Senior JD(U) leader Murlidhar Mandal dies
Khagaria (Bihar): Senior JD(U) leader and its former Deputy Chief Whip in the Bihar Assembly Murlidhar Mandal died here on Wednesday due to heart failure, family sources said.
Mandal (60) is survived by his wife and two sons.
The JD(U) leader died in his native Dhutha village on way to hospital after a heart attack, the sources said.
Last rites of the leader, who represented Sikti Assembly seat in Araria district in the last term, were performed in his native village this afternoon.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar paid condolence to the untimely death of Mandal describing the departed leader as a "sensitive personality" who was deeply concerned about development of his region.
State Assembly Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary also condoled death of Mandal, while BJP MLA from Sikti, Anandi Prasad Yadav, described him as a great socialist leader who always fought for the rights of the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview