Setback for RJD, Rabri Devi loses from both seats
Patna: Former Bihar chief minister Rabri Devi lost election for both Raghopur and Sonepur Assembly seats on Wednesday.
The wife of Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad was defeated by Satish Kumar of the ruling Janata Dal-United in Raghopur by a margin of 11,000 votes.
It is a major setback to the RJD, which was routed by the ruling Janata Dal-United - Bharatiya Janata Party alliance in the Assembly Elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader