Seven die in roof collapse during wedding ceremony in Aurangabad
Aurangabad: Seven persons were on Friday killed and 11 others injured when the overcrowded roof of a house collapsed during a wedding ceremony at Tankupi village in Aurangabad district, police said.
The incident happened when a large number of people gathered on the roof during a "sangeet" programme as part of wedding ceremony.
The weak roof could not bear the load of so many people on it and caved in, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sharma said.
The dead were in the age group of 12 to 18 years.
Sharma said while three died on the spot, as many succumbed on way to hospital and another died during treatment.
The injured have been taken to Hashpura referral hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test