Seven die in roof collapse during wedding ceremony in Aurangabad
Aurangabad: Seven persons were on Friday killed and 11 others injured when the overcrowded roof of a house collapsed during a wedding ceremony at Tankupi village in Aurangabad district, police said.
The incident happened when a large number of people gathered on the roof during a "sangeet" programme as part of wedding ceremony.
The weak roof could not bear the load of so many people on it and caved in, Superintendent of Police Upendra Kumar Sharma said.
The dead were in the age group of 12 to 18 years.
Sharma said while three died on the spot, as many succumbed on way to hospital and another died during treatment.
The injured have been taken to Hashpura referral hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'