Seven drown during Chhath in Bihar
Patna: At least seven persons, including two youngsters, drowned in different rivers during morning arghya (offering) on the occasion of Chhath on Saturday in Bihar, police said.
In Nasriganj locality under Danapur police station, a 12 year old boy drowned in the Ganga while offering morning arghya, police said.
A 19-year-old boy drowned in the Ganga at a place under Shahpur police station of rural Patna on the same occasion.
In Purnea, five persons drowned in separate tragedies in different parts of the district.
Giving details, Additional Superintendent of Police Purnea AK Pandey said that two died in Dobha Millik village under Rupuali police station area of Purnea district in Gandak river.
Three others drowned in ponds in different places of the district during morning arghya, the ASP said.
In Muzaffarpur, 20 persons fell into a river in a rush to board a country boat during morning arghya.
Since the accident took place at the starting point of Budhi Gandak river, no casaulty was reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video