Seven drown during Chhath in Bihar
Patna: At least seven persons, including two youngsters, drowned in different rivers during morning arghya (offering) on the occasion of Chhath on Saturday in Bihar, police said.
In Nasriganj locality under Danapur police station, a 12 year old boy drowned in the Ganga while offering morning arghya, police said.
A 19-year-old boy drowned in the Ganga at a place under Shahpur police station of rural Patna on the same occasion.
In Purnea, five persons drowned in separate tragedies in different parts of the district.
Giving details, Additional Superintendent of Police Purnea AK Pandey said that two died in Dobha Millik village under Rupuali police station area of Purnea district in Gandak river.
Three others drowned in ponds in different places of the district during morning arghya, the ASP said.
In Muzaffarpur, 20 persons fell into a river in a rush to board a country boat during morning arghya.
Since the accident took place at the starting point of Budhi Gandak river, no casaulty was reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users