Seven drown during Chhath in Bihar
Patna: At least seven persons, including two youngsters, drowned in different rivers during morning arghya (offering) on the occasion of Chhath on Saturday in Bihar, police said.
In Nasriganj locality under Danapur police station, a 12 year old boy drowned in the Ganga while offering morning arghya, police said.
A 19-year-old boy drowned in the Ganga at a place under Shahpur police station of rural Patna on the same occasion.
In Purnea, five persons drowned in separate tragedies in different parts of the district.
Giving details, Additional Superintendent of Police Purnea AK Pandey said that two died in Dobha Millik village under Rupuali police station area of Purnea district in Gandak river.
Three others drowned in ponds in different places of the district during morning arghya, the ASP said.
In Muzaffarpur, 20 persons fell into a river in a rush to board a country boat during morning arghya.
Since the accident took place at the starting point of Budhi Gandak river, no casaulty was reported.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know