Seven get life term for murdering havildar
Patna: Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced
to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a havildar
nearly two and half years ago.
The Patna Additional Sessions Judge, Digvijay Singh
found them guilty of killing Suresh Prasad Yadav and awarded
life-term to them.
Yadav, a havildar of Bihar police, was shot dead at a
place under Phulwari police station in the state capital on
October 23, 2007. Yadav, posted in Nalanda sistrict, came here
during the time of the crime.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of
The court acquitted two accused for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday