Seven get life term for murdering havildar
Patna: Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced
to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a havildar
nearly two and half years ago.
The Patna Additional Sessions Judge, Digvijay Singh
found them guilty of killing Suresh Prasad Yadav and awarded
life-term to them.
Yadav, a havildar of Bihar police, was shot dead at a
place under Phulwari police station in the state capital on
October 23, 2007. Yadav, posted in Nalanda sistrict, came here
during the time of the crime.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of
The court acquitted two accused for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar