Seven get life term for murdering havildar
Patna: Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced
to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a havildar
nearly two and half years ago.
The Patna Additional Sessions Judge, Digvijay Singh
found them guilty of killing Suresh Prasad Yadav and awarded
life-term to them.
Yadav, a havildar of Bihar police, was shot dead at a
place under Phulwari police station in the state capital on
October 23, 2007. Yadav, posted in Nalanda sistrict, came here
during the time of the crime.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of
The court acquitted two accused for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore