Seven get life term for murdering havildar
Patna: Seven persons were on Saturday sentenced
to life imprisonment by a court here for murdering a havildar
nearly two and half years ago.
The Patna Additional Sessions Judge, Digvijay Singh
found them guilty of killing Suresh Prasad Yadav and awarded
life-term to them.
Yadav, a havildar of Bihar police, was shot dead at a
place under Phulwari police station in the state capital on
October 23, 2007. Yadav, posted in Nalanda sistrict, came here
during the time of the crime.
The judge also slapped a fine of Rs 25,000 on each of
The court acquitted two accused for want of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind