Seven Maoists held with weapons
Sitamarhi: Seven Maoists were arrested and weapons were seized from them in Subhaigarh village of Bihar`s Sitamarhi district, a police officer said friday.
Carrying out combing operation against the Maoists yesterday, the police arrested seven ultras, three of whom were identified as Pramod Mahto, Laxman Mahto and Shiv Sahni, Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kumar Sinha said.
A rifle, one carbine, 12 ammunition, two mobile phones, Rs 57,000 cash collected through levy and a haul of naxal literature were seized from the house of an absconding naxalite Nawal Sahni on the basis of revelation by the arrested ultras, he said.
Interrogation was going on to ascertain the identity of the four Maoists and details about their activities, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP