Seven Maoists held with weapons
Sitamarhi: Seven Maoists were arrested and weapons were seized from them in Subhaigarh village of Bihar`s Sitamarhi district, a police officer said friday.
Carrying out combing operation against the Maoists yesterday, the police arrested seven ultras, three of whom were identified as Pramod Mahto, Laxman Mahto and Shiv Sahni, Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kumar Sinha said.
A rifle, one carbine, 12 ammunition, two mobile phones, Rs 57,000 cash collected through levy and a haul of naxal literature were seized from the house of an absconding naxalite Nawal Sahni on the basis of revelation by the arrested ultras, he said.
Interrogation was going on to ascertain the identity of the four Maoists and details about their activities, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal