Seven Maoists held with weapons
Sitamarhi: Seven Maoists were arrested and weapons were seized from them in Subhaigarh village of Bihar`s Sitamarhi district, a police officer said friday.
Carrying out combing operation against the Maoists yesterday, the police arrested seven ultras, three of whom were identified as Pramod Mahto, Laxman Mahto and Shiv Sahni, Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kumar Sinha said.
A rifle, one carbine, 12 ammunition, two mobile phones, Rs 57,000 cash collected through levy and a haul of naxal literature were seized from the house of an absconding naxalite Nawal Sahni on the basis of revelation by the arrested ultras, he said.
Interrogation was going on to ascertain the identity of the four Maoists and details about their activities, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi