Seven Maoists held with weapons
Sitamarhi: Seven Maoists were arrested and weapons were seized from them in Subhaigarh village of Bihar`s Sitamarhi district, a police officer said friday.
Carrying out combing operation against the Maoists yesterday, the police arrested seven ultras, three of whom were identified as Pramod Mahto, Laxman Mahto and Shiv Sahni, Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kumar Sinha said.
A rifle, one carbine, 12 ammunition, two mobile phones, Rs 57,000 cash collected through levy and a haul of naxal literature were seized from the house of an absconding naxalite Nawal Sahni on the basis of revelation by the arrested ultras, he said.
Interrogation was going on to ascertain the identity of the four Maoists and details about their activities, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians
- ACB questions former Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit in water tanker scam
- CAB planning Jagmohan Dalmiya Memorial Lecture during home season
- Dhyan Chand should have got Bharat Ratna ahead of Sachin Tendulkar, says former greats
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix