Seven Maoists held with weapons
Sitamarhi: Seven Maoists were arrested and weapons were seized from them in Subhaigarh village of Bihar`s Sitamarhi district, a police officer said friday.
Carrying out combing operation against the Maoists yesterday, the police arrested seven ultras, three of whom were identified as Pramod Mahto, Laxman Mahto and Shiv Sahni, Superintendent of Police Pankaj Kumar Sinha said.
A rifle, one carbine, 12 ammunition, two mobile phones, Rs 57,000 cash collected through levy and a haul of naxal literature were seized from the house of an absconding naxalite Nawal Sahni on the basis of revelation by the arrested ultras, he said.
Interrogation was going on to ascertain the identity of the four Maoists and details about their activities, Sinha said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal