Seven policemen hurt in stone throwing in Bihar
Ara: Seven policeman were injured when
a group of villagers threw stones at them when they raided Akuna village in Bhojpur district Friday to arrest some smugglers, police sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team from Badraha police
station raided the village to arrest some smugglers, the sources said.
The villagers surrounded the police team and threw stones
on them before heavy police reinforcements reached the spot
and controlled the situation, they said.
The injured policemen were given first aid at hospital,
the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj