Seven policemen hurt in stone throwing in Bihar
Ara: Seven policeman were injured when
a group of villagers threw stones at them when they raided Akuna village in Bhojpur district Friday to arrest some smugglers, police sources said.
Acting on a tip-off, a police team from Badraha police
station raided the village to arrest some smugglers, the sources said.
The villagers surrounded the police team and threw stones
on them before heavy police reinforcements reached the spot
and controlled the situation, they said.
The injured policemen were given first aid at hospital,
the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed