Seven policemen injured in attack by villagers in Bihar
Sitamarhi: Seven policemen were injured on Thursday after they were attacked by a mob in a village in Bihar`s Sitamarhi district where they had gone to arrest an accused in the kidnapping case of a minor girl.
A group of people comprising the accused Harish Kumar`s kin pelted stones on a police sub-inspector and six SAP jawan when they went to Ashogi village to arrest Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
The villagers forcibly freed the accused from police custody, he said.
The injured policemen were admitted to a Primary Health Centre, Kumar said.
A case has been lodged against those attacking the police party and an additional force has been rushed to the village to nab the accused, the DSP said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know