Seven policemen injured in attack by villagers in Bihar
Sitamarhi: Seven policemen were injured on Thursday after they were attacked by a mob in a village in Bihar`s Sitamarhi district where they had gone to arrest an accused in the kidnapping case of a minor girl.
A group of people comprising the accused Harish Kumar`s kin pelted stones on a police sub-inspector and six SAP jawan when they went to Ashogi village to arrest Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
The villagers forcibly freed the accused from police custody, he said.
The injured policemen were admitted to a Primary Health Centre, Kumar said.
A case has been lodged against those attacking the police party and an additional force has been rushed to the village to nab the accused, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state