Seven policemen injured in attack by villagers in Bihar
Sitamarhi: Seven policemen were injured on Thursday after they were attacked by a mob in a village in Bihar`s Sitamarhi district where they had gone to arrest an accused in the kidnapping case of a minor girl.
A group of people comprising the accused Harish Kumar`s kin pelted stones on a police sub-inspector and six SAP jawan when they went to Ashogi village to arrest Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
The villagers forcibly freed the accused from police custody, he said.
The injured policemen were admitted to a Primary Health Centre, Kumar said.
A case has been lodged against those attacking the police party and an additional force has been rushed to the village to nab the accused, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air