Seven policemen injured in attack by villagers in Bihar
Sitamarhi: Seven policemen were injured on Thursday after they were attacked by a mob in a village in Bihar`s Sitamarhi district where they had gone to arrest an accused in the kidnapping case of a minor girl.
A group of people comprising the accused Harish Kumar`s kin pelted stones on a police sub-inspector and six SAP jawan when they went to Ashogi village to arrest Kumar, Deputy Superintendent of Police Sanjay Kumar said.
The villagers forcibly freed the accused from police custody, he said.
The injured policemen were admitted to a Primary Health Centre, Kumar said.
A case has been lodged against those attacking the police party and an additional force has been rushed to the village to nab the accused, the DSP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore