Seven policemen injured in stone-pelting
Gaya: Angry over the arrest of a village head in connection with an incident of shootout, hundreds of locals gathered at Belaganj police station in Gaya district and indulged in heavy stone-throwing injuring seven cops on Tuesday.
Additional Superintendent of Police Shafiul Haque said the village head Suraj Yadav of Sirala panchayat and his three supporters were arrested after an incident of shoot-out at Rambigha village.
Their arrest sparked off violent protest by locals who started demonstrating before the police station.
As the situation went beyond control, police opened fire in self-defence, Haque said.
The situation was tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali