Seven policemen injured in stone-pelting
Gaya: Angry over the arrest of a village head in connection with an incident of shootout, hundreds of locals gathered at Belaganj police station in Gaya district and indulged in heavy stone-throwing injuring seven cops on Tuesday.
Additional Superintendent of Police Shafiul Haque said the village head Suraj Yadav of Sirala panchayat and his three supporters were arrested after an incident of shoot-out at Rambigha village.
Their arrest sparked off violent protest by locals who started demonstrating before the police station.
As the situation went beyond control, police opened fire in self-defence, Haque said.
The situation was tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!