Seven policemen injured in stone-pelting
Gaya: Angry over the arrest of a village head in connection with an incident of shootout, hundreds of locals gathered at Belaganj police station in Gaya district and indulged in heavy stone-throwing injuring seven cops on Tuesday.
Additional Superintendent of Police Shafiul Haque said the village head Suraj Yadav of Sirala panchayat and his three supporters were arrested after an incident of shoot-out at Rambigha village.
Their arrest sparked off violent protest by locals who started demonstrating before the police station.
As the situation went beyond control, police opened fire in self-defence, Haque said.
The situation was tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users