Seven policemen injured in stone-pelting
Gaya: Angry over the arrest of a village head in connection with an incident of shootout, hundreds of locals gathered at Belaganj police station in Gaya district and indulged in heavy stone-throwing injuring seven cops on Tuesday.
Additional Superintendent of Police Shafiul Haque said the village head Suraj Yadav of Sirala panchayat and his three supporters were arrested after an incident of shoot-out at Rambigha village.
Their arrest sparked off violent protest by locals who started demonstrating before the police station.
As the situation went beyond control, police opened fire in self-defence, Haque said.
The situation was tense but under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister