Seven sentenced to imprisonment in Fodder Scam case
Ranchi: A special CBI court on Thursday awarded
prison terms to seven remaining persons, including two former
government officials, of the 48 it had convicted in a fodder
scam case on December 10.
With this, the court of S K Dubey completed the
pronouncement of punishment to all the 48 convicts in the
case no RC/44A/96 pertaining to fraudulent withdrawal of Rs
8.6 crore from Hotwar Poultry Farm in the early 1990s.
In today`s pronouncement, the court awarded six years
rigorous imprisonment to former Bihar Budget and Planning
officer B B Prasad and ex-AHD veterinary doctor S K Sinha and
fined them Rs six lakh.
The court handed down four years RI and upto Rs five
lakh as penalty against five fodder suppliers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal