Seventeen foetuses found in Bihar’s Muzaffarpur
Patna: Sixteen foetuses, mostly female, were found in plastic jars in Bihar`s Kishanganj district while another was recovered near a garbage heap in Muzaffarpur town, police said on Monday.
The foetuses were recovered near a private nursing home in Kishanganj, about 400 km from here, on Sunday after some locals informed the police.
Kishanganj Superintendent of Police RK Mishra said that it appeared the foetuses were of four to six months. "All foetuses were kept in plastic jars with chemical water," he said, adding that he suspected they were to be supplied outside.
"It shocked us and we have taken it seriously to expose the people behind the abortion racket," Mishra said over telephone.
In another incident, a foetus was found near a garbage heap in Muzaffarpur town, about 70 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL