SGPC forms team to probe clash at Patna Sahib gurdwara
Chandigarh: Condemning the clash at Takhta Harmandir Sahib in Patna today that left three persons injured, Shiromani Gurudwara Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) has appointed a five-member team to probe the incident.
The five-member committee was appointed by SGPC head Avtar Singh Makkar.
"The team will visit Patna Sahib and submit a report on the clash to Akal Takhat head Gurbachan Singh after conducting a complete probe," Makkar said.
SGPC is the top religious body of the Sikhs that maintains gurdwaras across the country.
Three persons were injured when two groups clashed over appointment of "outsider" Pratap Singh as Additional Chief Granthi of the Takht Harmandir Saheb Sikh shrine in old Patna area in Bihar, according to police.
Patna Sahib is the birth place of 10th Guru Gobind Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`