SGPC forms team to probe clash at Patna Sahib gurdwara
Chandigarh: Condemning the clash at Takhta Harmandir Sahib in Patna today that left three persons injured, Shiromani Gurudwara Parbhandhak Committee (SGPC) has appointed a five-member team to probe the incident.
The five-member committee was appointed by SGPC head Avtar Singh Makkar.
"The team will visit Patna Sahib and submit a report on the clash to Akal Takhat head Gurbachan Singh after conducting a complete probe," Makkar said.
SGPC is the top religious body of the Sikhs that maintains gurdwaras across the country.
Three persons were injured when two groups clashed over appointment of "outsider" Pratap Singh as Additional Chief Granthi of the Takht Harmandir Saheb Sikh shrine in old Patna area in Bihar, according to police.
Patna Sahib is the birth place of 10th Guru Gobind Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions